HUMAN RESOURCES and PAYROLL
Columbia County Human Resources and Payroll
401 State Street
Hudson, NY 12534
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT/ACCESSIBILITY
Columbia County is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory basis.
"Reasonable accommodation" means modification or adjustment to a job, work environment, work process, employment policies, training, benefits, employer sponsored activities, or the pre-employment process that does not impose an undue hardship on the department's operation and that enables a:
- Person with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity; or
- Person with a disability to perform the essential job functions.
"Person with a disability" means a person:
- With a physical, mental or sensory impairment that substantially limits the person in some major life activity, e.g., breathing, walking, and talking; or
- With a record of such a physical, mental or sensory impairment; or
- Who is regarded as having such a physical, mental or sensory impairment.
Columbia County will provide reasonable accommodation for persons of disability and ensure against discrimination because of a person's disability. Columbia County encourages candidates and employees with disabilities to request accommodations, when needed, for testing; recruitment; the interview process; or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment.
The County shall provide reasonable accommodations for candidates and employees with a disability so they may enjoy the benefits, rights, and privileges of equal employment opportunities afforded to other candidates and employees consistent with applicable laws and regulations governing county employees.
The need for reasonable accommodation shall not adversely affect a person's consideration for employment or opportunity to enjoy the benefits of employment.
Making a Request for Accommodation
If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at 518-828-4086 to apply.